Metal Removal Solid Carbide Drills
283 and Series 285 Carbide Drills
right-hand spiral, right-hand cut
- Self-centering HQS point -- 140° 6-facet "S" gash with
negative T-land (see right)
- Series 283 short DIN 6537 length; Series 285 long DIN 6537 length
- Common shanks
- No through coolant (see Series 383 and 385 for the
drill with through coolant)
- TiAlN coated standard; TiN coating available as a modification
- Series 283 drills depth up to 3 x diameter; Series 285 drills depth
up to 5 x diameter.
- Self-centering HQS point produces superior hole quality.
- Use in hardened steels > 30 Rc.
- Use hydraulic holders or precision collets.
- Use in applications where through coolant is not required; for the
same drill with through coolant, see Series 383 and 385.
Copyright © 2001-2014 CTS Co. All rights reserved.